Tuesday, October 07, 2008

First and Last...

Inspired by Princess Levian


Back when I was in primary school, most kids at my age got themselves the adorable little chicks in various colors as pet. The chick, in fact, had its own natural feathers color, but the vendors just tended to transform their appearance to make them look cuter and more attractive since there were the enormous relentless trend of the kids who are so desperated in having those lovely chicks as their companies :) I was one of those kids lol...

I remember the time I begged my dad to buy me a chick as I saw many other kids got ones, so why shoudn't I? ^ ^ It's the kid's nature, you know =| or perhaps only a kid like me lol... Well, in response to my constant pleading, I could eventually get one chubby cutie chick as my pet, and without any doubts, my chick was in PINK, of course ^ i named her Emilie :)


* I couldn't find any pics of chick in pink =(*

Emilie was my sweet heart, and she made me felt like I was a real mommy. I needed to take a great care of her, and fed her at regular time. I also had to clean up her bed where I placed the food, water, blanket, and pillow just like a real human being's baby. I also let her walked around my house, and I was more than pleased to clean everything up whenever she pooed at the wrong place, in the kitchen, in the living, or even in my bedroom. I made my promise to my dad to be in charge of everything related to Emilie, so yeah, good gal :P


When night came, I tugged Emilie in, but I had no idea why she kept moaning and crying :( I couldn't put myself to sleep at all with me hearing her crying non-stop like that, not because she was annoying me, but I was simply worried sick about her. My mom exclaimed how come I didn't get any another chicks to be with Emilie? She must be lonely or perhaps she missed her chicky friends? or even her mom, the real one? So the next day, I asked my dad to go and get another chicken in green to be Emilie's friend, but still, both of them still cried out loud over the night, and that made me feel guilty =|


Everything got a lot better for the next 2 days. I played with them, and to make it more stupid, I sprayed my sweet fruity fragrance on them to make them smell good, and kissable :-S It's silly, isn't it? =|


Time slips by, it'd been 5 days since I had adopted my pet. I loved them terribly, but, as always, the great moments didn't last for long T_T


The next morning of the 06th day, I was mourning holding the cold lifeless dead body of my first child, Emilie :( I could do nothing, but sobbing, and I even sobbed harder thinking about my great time spent with Emilie. Regardless the fact that she was with me in less than a week, but she left with such an indescribable fond longing in my heart, my first pet I'd ever had. What made her leave me, I really had no idea, cuz yesterday, I was playing with her as usual T_T


For those who don't know, don't know.... what it feels like to lose a beloved pet. Somehow, I really wondered how come animal could be so close to our hearts, and became a part of our lives... The unforgettable memories remain... Emilie rested in peace... Mommy never forget you, my very first and last pet...


<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3...<3

Barbie dedicated this touching poem to all the pet lovers who lost their beloved companies. This is NOT my poem, anyway :)



Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.


When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.


All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.


You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

4 Lovely Comment(s):

Akira 思胜 said...

For me, I want to have German Sherpard as my pet lor... Hehe...

ungchamroeun said...

so cute yr first pet,

levian said...

the more love we "invest" in our pets, the more pain we feel when it left us. i guess it's our nature. but even when we saw n knew the pain coming our way, we can't help loving them any lesser. ;) personally, i'm still grateful that we crossed each others' paths. :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wow, Akira, King of sofa... sit sofa everywhere...